PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US tragedy
Thread: US tragedy
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2001, 11:53
DESPERADO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Jacko,
Yet again you astound me with your view of history. Do you really believe that Israel's neighbours don't still want to destroy it? The poor Palestinians have been butchering Israeli citizens for decades and the USA has seen fit to help Israel in its fight. Personally, I'm one Brit who doesn't have a problem with that, and if my govt see's fit to send me to war at the side of our American friends then TB will have regained some respect from me after the surrender in NI.
You sneer at Israel's democracy, I for one believe that it is significantly better than the 'democracy' displayed by Israel's neighbours. By the way, muslim Israeli's are allowed to vote in Israel, your comparison to South Africa in the bad days is fatuous.
I don't deny that the Israeli's are making mistakes, but I still believe that Israel is fighting for its survival, and its way of life. Yes that land was taken in 1967, but Israel has tried to negotiate with the Palestinians. You state that Israel is to blame for all of the trouble in the middle-east, please explain as I am fascinated to hear what they are supposed to do if they cannot defend themselves.
Apologies for the scattiness of the post but my blood is starting to boil.

Heloplt, I am with you in your sentiments in general, however Jacko has a point we did our share too and took a lot of **** before you guys turned up.

Finally, again I offer my condolences and my tears, I hope that my govt offers my help!