PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Med Seneca Down
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2007, 09:50
plinkton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetscream 32:

Charterguy and Plinkton,
You are the most uninformed and inexpereinced sky gods i have come across recently on this forum to come up with utter drivel you have let pour....
When was the last time either of you were blue line speed in a Seneca either for private flying or AOC ops - no, no please let me guess - it was when you were at Oxford on your way to your shiny 738 that you were sponsored for - yes that must be it...
The Seneca series are all fine, especially the II - if you are current, keep current, and have to or used to fly one for living, you would know they are a workhorse, and will happily trundle around Europe at FL80 all day long, rain, snow, ice, hail, sunshine, - organs, camera films, data tapes, AOG spares for 747's into LUX.....grass strips, Jeremy Clarkson, Tom Cruise.....!!!
When you have had a real job, flying a real aircraft, that requires to be hand flown - and done a few thousand hours of that type of flying - you will realise what an utter ar$e you have made of yourself - spouting such horse crap...!
There is no need to be unpleasant. Most of the posts so far have been the writers own opinion, can't you see that. This is clearly an emotive issue and to attack others won't drive the debate any further forward.

I would suggest you have drawn attention to your own personal issues rather than the subject.

Life's a Beech:

Trend monitoring is actually rather nicely done by flying a small number of aircraft with a small number of crew who know them really rather well, and fly them regularly, and care about the aircraft and each other, in a small team. This is usually the case in a small piston fleet.
This is actually a good point, I have worked in a team like this and it does work but it's not the type of trend monitoring I mean, having said that the only time I did have an engine failure in a piston twin it probably couldn't have been predicted by any type of trend monitoring.

Most of what I said in my original post refers to that fact that when put together the factors mentioned are not positive or complimentary but could add up to a less safe situation than with a single tubine (for example).