PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US tragedy
Thread: US tragedy
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2001, 06:47
Roc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lafyar Cokav, Jackonicko and all,

Nuclear War - American!! and you should get on your knees and thank whatever God you pray to that it wasn't invented by others!!

While Heloplt's sentiments aren't historically correct, and often wrong, He is venting alot of frustaration and anger felt by most Americans. I am humbled by the show of support from all nations and peoples, I know the British especially, will be by our side, more than any other nation, I'm sure..After this weeks events, maybe some of Israels actions seem justified. I can tell you one thing for sure, The people of the US are about to unleash a powerful and terrible force upon the cowards and nations behind this act. This is not meant to be boastful, it will come to pass. I live within a few miles of NY, and while the people are hurting, and shocked, there is a frightening undercurrent of RAGE. I fought during Desert Storm, and while the people rallied behind the troops, there was alot of debate about whether we should be there etc..Today, I'm witnessing no such sentiments or fears. We will get these criminals with or without world support. I notice, as well, many stating to think things through, the sons of these fathers who will die may come back to haunt us etc...well, where are all the sons of Hitler's legions, or Hirohito's. As military men, we have known for years where these terrorists are, and, could have easily taken care of them except for the contraints of diplomacy and soverign nation status. Well thats all out the window now, the rule book is being rewritten, coalition or no coalition. Its a little bit scary, I'm sure I'll be heading off somewhere soon, but I look forward to getting even..that is the scary part!! and I'm not alone. I've never seen America in this state of mind.