PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US tragedy
Thread: US tragedy
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2001, 20:09
misterploppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Indeed I am horrified at what happened in the USA yesterday, my heart goes out to the victims and families and yes, the perpetrators must be brought to justice and States must be deterred from harbouring terrorists.

However, before we all leap on Jackonicko, it's probably worth asking ourselves what we might have been driven to had our families and entire society been the innocent victims of one of the previous Western / Israeli indiscriminate repraisals.

If we raze Kabul / Gaza / Khartoum etc. to the ground, I suspect we'll merely add greatly to the list of future 'inhabitants of paradise' bright enough to undertake some basic flying training, wield a pen-knife and point an airliner at a skyscraper.

I also suspect that some great repraisal is exactly what the people who persuaded the 'martyrs' that they would inhabit paradise for eternity want to happen, ergo Jihad.

The cycle of indiscriminate violence can only be broken if we maintain the higher standards of civilized Justice and avoid the temptation for indiscriminate action.