PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 28th Dec 2007, 20:48
The Black Panther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wingers

...... however i was not aware that the company could terminate the EBA and the implications of this, the implications of this seem to be that any accrued benefits could be lost, i still support action but i want our leaders to fully brief us on these implications, and for my previous post to be answered, that is all i ask, the assciation will not pay my mortage,

If we no longer have an EBA to negotiate , what then?
Where is your pride and principles wingers. We live in a developed democratic country with high education levels and a long history of people taking a role in our government policies, communities, norms and values. We should not be driven backwards by unfair pay and conditions currently being offered by our employer. The facts remain the company has produced strong profits, the higher executive have rewarded themselves with extremely high increases in remuneration and bonuses, the business community as a whole has rewarded workers average increases around 4.6% in the last year and the cost of living is rising. Our demands are not unreasonable given the above. Add to that we have been given the right of industrial action by the legal system we all reside under.

Our protests should show the company the extra yard we go every day, people with 400-600 hours overtime, worker who carry out higher duties because the company has not promoted/trained enough people to fulfill a 24/7 roster. Employees who start early or finish late regularly in order to have checks completed on time or aircraft dispatched. Making substandard systems of administration work when the inadequacies should be exposed.
These will be our way to highlight to the company just who is contributing to the success of this airline.

Get some heart mate. Have a good read about Bernie Banton. Show your children what standing up for your rights is about, sure there is risk but believe the good and the fair will prevail and make the choices for that to happen.

What will the assoc. do to the spineless, jellybacks who do not follow the protected action directions from the union and do secondments or work overtime? Will that be kicked out of the union or fined?