PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 28th Dec 2007, 12:11
sobast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factual details please!

This is not a wind up! I just want detailed info.
After talking to various guys the other night, no-one was able to give me or show me clearly what the ALAEA has asked for on our behalf, what the company has offered, and what we are at loggerheads over.
Yeah, I saw the powerpoint from the union and I know we're asking for 5% and QF are offering 3%. But where are the details, the nitty gritty. I haven't dropped off the union mail list and I haven't seen the details. I was told one guy emailed the union a few times for detailed documents and was told there are none!?!?! So do we know EXACTLY what we're fighting for?
Another point. As I understand it, the first action to be taken is secondees return to the floor, followed shortly by no higher duties and later, no O/T. Is that right?
If it is, aren't we sending the secondees and then the actors in for the slaughter? eg. Secondee turns up to work on the floor. Mgr asks him to carry on with the secondment he has been doing previously. (quality, safety, lean smegma, whatever) He replies, can't do it, union said not to. Isn't he in line for whatever qf can throw at him? Stand him down without pay or whatever they can come up with, I'm sure there's something nasty prepared. He has no legitimate reason for refusing to work as requested. He can't say "I'm just working per the AMM or the procedures manual" like we'll be able to. Where do those guys stand? Are we going to send round the hat to make up their pay when they're stood down? What if they think, why am I bearing the brunt of this union action, there's no way I can afford to lose the money, I'll have to do the secondment. Are we then going to call them scabs and black-ball them? Have we got contingency plans in place for this? These guys are our workmates. Not our sacrificial lambs or cross bearers.
What's the story guys? Don't give me the goss. Give me the facts. Please!
PS. by sending the secondees back to the floor, qf won't need as many overtimers. Aren't we partly cancelling out our O/T ban?