PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 28th Dec 2007, 06:06
brakepac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Get in the trench beside me and hold firm.

Hello all, long time reader first time writer. It is very sobering to see so much passion from my fellow engineers, If we had this kind of fight at the last EBA, we may now be hitting these excrements for 10%.
I am serving time in Heavy Maintenence for being part of a collapsed airline several years ago. I cannot for one second understand why after 29 years, working in all facets of the industry and a holder of 13 licences of which 2 Aiframes and 2 engines are QF types that I am still only considered by QF to be of grade 4 worth.

I also struggle with the fact that some where back before I arrived on the scene that some mental giant bargained off "indexation" adjustments to wages, which are calculated and figured in every April and September. This was designed to keep wages in line with inflation and the 3% would then truley be a payrise, be it ever so meager

One more thing, I am sick of hearing these manager c%&ts tell me that this is a good deal and that because some other unions signed up that we should too. Also don't insult me and my brothers with talk of Superannuation carrots, it is not even negotiable as it it compulsory to pay it. As far as I am concerned I would like to take up a collection and get some of my Italian relo's to take DC and company out back and show them the finer points of concreting and swimming.

Extremely pissed off