PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 27th Dec 2007, 06:18
reflux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas stooges

Aeromedic, you raise a good point, but note my own start date and I am not qf management - I'm very much up for the long haul, and I'm quite the realist/pessimist in regard to where this is headed.
I think you'll find a lot of LAMEs have signed on to relieve some pressure that's been building, and hopefully they keep plenty in the tank for when it is really needed.
Don't be spooked by anonymous posts on here. They are not personal, but a destabilising tactic employed by the other side. Try to use a logical argument and put the focus back on the poster. Keep the high moral ground, it can then be used against them. I hope I am wrong, but this is gonna get nasty.
Enjoy the next week and don't give anyone (management) to point a finger at you. If asked to act as senior, say you have just realised the legal ramifications regarding ohas issues and have not had the required training.
If asked to do o/t, then you have just opened your fourth beer, or if at work when asked you have to take your car for servicing. If you say "no I can't ecause of ind. action", then you give them a chance to escalate the dispute. Remember, we want to win this, so don't stoop to their low levels. Be professional at all times - it will count in our favour.
They talk about acting in good faith, but say the ALAEA was organising a ballot for ind. action so were not really acting in good faith. However at the same time they were accusing us of not acting in good faith they announce a joint MRO venture in Malaysia...good faith? They are also actively recruiting a scab work force...good faith? The tech school is also out of commission as the are doing a project for management "for when you LAMEs go on strike"...good faith? Has any one even mentioned strike? I assumed the stop work provision was a last resort for when qf got heavy handed.