PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots at risk on US runways
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2007, 00:41
Nsn-akl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris Higgins,,,,before you go lumping "much of the incursions" on low time regional guys please keep in mind that I've heard more then my fair share of the "major" guys repeating incorrect taxi instructions and missing ATC calls. Also, I was in FLL recently and a Delta 76 guy was on the wrong taxi way which made me think of the recent near miss there....I don't mind taking crap for being a low time, 1000hr, regional guy but fairs fair mate!..
And yes, last week in LGA when the Captain (NOT low time) and I questioned the tower after we both could not make out what his intial T/O heading was, he bitched at us and talked down to us like we were private pilots, but who cares because we both felt safer to question an ATC instruction neither of us could understand then guess and get it wrong.....
I'd give anything to get back to NZ and fly in the land of the long white cloud and deal with low congestion airports...
(I'm really biting my tongue on getting into the whole "low timers" are the root of all the problems argument..)
Have a Speights on ME!