PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 25th Dec 2007, 04:46
STRIKEBREAKERBRAKA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update On The Companys Strikebreaking Progress

Sydney interviews have been mostly completed,the remainder will be end of the week and this weeekend. Not too many takers most people disgruntled and worried about the carrer effects in the future.

Melbourne will be finalised at the end of the week.A few ex tn retirees on board.

Brisbane interviews still pending later this week and weekend as in cairns.

Nz has minor intrest but not enough to make a difference.

The company will keep trying to recruit more. Anyone that is thinking of accepting this 100k over 6months offer should ask for a substantial amount of money up front,because if you are no longer required (ie dispute resolved) you will wear the tag of strikebreaker for years.

Aviation is a small industry.

All members it is time to comunicate with you fellow workmates and other ports.

Stick together and ride this out. Remember the majourity voted this in, now its time to back up this vote with action and pay sacrafice.The company is showing how serious it is by the ruthless recruitment drive to get scabs.( some people have even been asked that the management loaths)

We need to learn from the mistakes people have made with previous disputes. I hate to bring it up but the pilots dispute in 1989 was a classic.

The company basically divided and conquered them. Once the company got some people(i would love to name them but i would run into trouble with the moderator) to scab and come back to work,that was the beggining of the end. One of the scab pilots sons is actually a engineering foreman and he would think it is normal for employees to sell each other out because that is the example his father with no integrity has shown him!!!

I have seen this written previously on this thread but i wil say it again UNITED WE BARGAIN DIVIDED WE BEG!!..We need to adhere to this now more than ever,if we do we will ride out the storm and win.