PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Med Seneca Down
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2007, 20:21
Chinchilla.612

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to put my 2 cents worth in:
I agree with some of the points made with regard to climb performance of a light twin piston compared to flying jets or turbo props (twins), but not with all the points made. Granted though, in principle, I am much happier now flying jets than I was with the pistons.
As for the point plinkton made about : "Plus they are generally crewed by pilots in their first job, flying to get the multi time and using the job as a stepping-stone." I'm afraid I have to disagree with this. Whilst I am not able to comment on all operations I can say that the majority of the pilots with AirMed are experienced pilots with thousands of relevant flying hours and are not just using the job as a stepping stone. This includes the pilot whose accident has sparked this thread!
Since to fly single pilot IFR charter the pilots need a minimum of 700 hours total, and 100 IFR (40 hours MEP) and this legal minimum is often much lower than the hours AirMed look for I don't see the relevance of his point?
Anyway.....Christmas Eve, and that's an end to my opinion on it.

Merry Christmas to all.

PS, for anyone actually interested in the more important point, the pilot is making good progress in his recovery.