PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's it like working for Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2007, 11:28
Empty Cruise

ECON cruise, LR cruise...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmn - depends what you want.

If you're looking for professional challenges, a nice company to work for and a brilliant working environment - look elswhere.

If you want an easy job with a fixed roster, home every night, no-brain flying that you can just show up for, do and go back home again - then you're on.

Generally, the small bases are the nicest, so if you don't fancy deadheading all over EUR, go for the based Brookfield contract that will give you 5-4. The non-based contract gives you 5-5, but as I said; you'll get a whistlestop tour of the countryside.

Capt. in general take home 3,1K GBP/month (after tax) + non-taxable per diems of 1,7K GBP/month. If you head to the €-zone, they'll fob you off with the same numbers - in €

Looking at where aviation is headed over the next 12 months - I think you might find better T&Cs elsewhere. As there is no union, RYR can impose their T&Cs at will, and nothing you can do about it, so the next 3 years aren't gonna be pretty. Expect to take a cut of anywhere up to 20-30% from the above figures.

My advice - head to India or Japan. Better environment & more stability - even though it's contract work. A 4-year contract should see you through the looming storm....eeerrrh...I think?

Brgds,
Empty

Edited to say yes, I had the choice and went there. Have had spates of regret, but on the whole still happy.