PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 24th Dec 2007, 11:19
section 41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless I am mistaken the Tech training school staff are under the LAME Tech salary staff award and I doubt that they would be prepared to offer their services to the company to put their colleagues out of a job.

The belief in management is tha the industrial action is being pushed by the exectutive the vote tells another story (no one more suprised by this than me) WE MUST STAND UNITED the stakes are much higher than I think many people realise our media coverage is already comparing our actions to the pilots dispute and unfortunatly they did not get much public support.

On the issue of "scabs' I believe that their would not be too any pilots that crossed the lie who on reflection are happy with the decision they made. We have an anomous forum here if any would like to comment that would be great.

If the dispute goes down the same road (which I doubt) the major difference this time is our qualifications are less transportable than the pilots (with the exception of the ex-HM guys) the airline in question this time is both domestic and international bit hard to fly a Herc to london or Lax. Our managers now may be qualified in running LAPs and lame smegma but relatively few are LAMES (because we all know tha that "you don't need to be a LAME to be a manager") they will not be able to certify in our place.

IF and only if we hold the line Maybe just Maybe we can make a difference.