PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 24th Dec 2007, 01:47
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resume.domain are already paying their strikebreakers.

I now believe that QF will deliberately engineer an escalation of the situation to test the resolve of members and force LAMES to takes sides. I believe they are well down the path of planning for this.

My prediction is that they will pick on someone who has made any breach of policy and procedure and stand them down.

The association will then call a stop work meeting and chaos will follow.

Qantas will cry that "the evil unions are trying to bully us and hold our business to ransom. They are selfish and have no regard for the travelling public. Blaa blaa blaa".

The next shift will find their ASICS no longer get them through the gate and that a workforce of strikebreakers will be bussed in to fill the breach.

Qantas will implore the Labour government to intervene. The new government will be keen to show that they can stand up to the unions (and won't want to set a precedent which causes a wages blow out which in turn will cause higher inflation/interest rates).

Qantas will keep the LAMES locked out until such time as the Government can force the ALAEA to eat their s@#t sandwich.

Gees I hope it doesn't happen like this!!!

Don't give them any reason to stand you down. Follow policy and procedures to the letter.

I have met with Resume.Domain. They are willing to sign people (and pay) immediately.

Unfortunately I won't be joining them.

Good Luck!!