PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 23:19
mandaragit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kanya-kanya muna

I respect your point of view, Bansai. And you have very profound and valid reasons for harboring ill feeling for LT but not for PAL. That is what matters most to me. LT is not PAL, in the same manner that GMA is not the Philippines.

I had been consumed with ill will and bitterness for the past nine years. I even wished for the collapse of this airline notwithstanding the fact that I am a shareholder. Up to now, I haven't been able to get my equity share in the retirement Fund. I have nothing to show for the years at PAL except memories of the AVRO, F-50 and B-737. But somehow somebody nudged me and reminded me about life moving on. So I did.

PAL is a microcosm of our government and society. Government leaders corrupt our way of life. LT, in the same token, corrupt our attitudes and livelihood. Some Filipinos migrate to other countries in surrender. We, pilots, expatriate ourselves to foreign airlines. It is a picture of defeat. But I cannot see any other options. Maybe if we can be one again....

Kanya-kanya is what LT wanted for us to feel and act. Division. No Union.

I hope we can find some strength to battle our weaknesses in the years to come. Merry Christmas, friend!