PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 06:15
Long Bay Mauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As other posters here have rightly said,ALWAYS stick with the PPM,and all the other policies and safety notices as published by the company.

Always check your Lotus notes prior to certifying at the start of EVERY shift,because you never know when there has been an amendment to a procedure.Always check the validity of the Minor Maint Manuals,as these too change often,and can be amended between shifts and your days off.

Always,at the start of your shift,always remember SAFETY first.Always make sure your personal safety is never compormised.Like me,you should always do a walk around of ANY vehicle that you drive airside.You never know who has been in it before you,and what unsuspecting damage they may have done to it and not reported.So take my advice,and do a quick 5 min walk around check of the vehicle,as you would of any aircraft,and make sure your personal safety is assured before driving to the toolcrib,credo,etc.....

You may well be the first hole in the cheese,so take all the EXTRA precautions you need in these stressful times.If when you are out on a job,and you feel that your mind is wandering because you keep thinking about possible lockouts,lost wages,strikebreaking workforces lurking outside the gate,etc.....then as my mate Murray would say,"Take five",and calm yourself down,and get your mind focussed and back on the job.This way,it may take a few minutes longer to complete your inspection,but you will go home fully satisfied that you have done the right thing by the company and not compromised the SAFETY of any aircraft,passengers or your work colleagues.

Really all this advise is common sense,and as all engineers know,we are full of it........lol

Merry Xmas to all,and don't think too much about all this until New Years.

Best Wishes to all posters