PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 23:31
FMU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just “take 5” and think about this.
If QF want to get some casual LAMEs in to take up the extra work that the OT bans would cause, where are these guys going to come from? The most likely source is ex Qantas HM LAMEs. But haven’t these guys moved on and got new lives and new careers? So I suggest that the few they do attract would not be sufficient to make any sizable impact.
I’m reading on this site that the Kiwis are coming. Well if that is true they sure won’t be certifying anything. They would all have to go through the tech school for some CAR214 training first to cover ANZ/QF differences. Then there is QF docs and procs, access to IMSP, ASIC passes, just to name a few hurdles. No A330 LAMEs in NZ! Or ZX series 767. B744ER- no way.

I’m also reading here about 4 hr stop work meetings. As another poster said, if you are going to have them then make ‘em count.

But most importantly, don’t forget what this is all about. There is a lot of pent up frustration amongst the QF LAMEs over what is perceived to be the eroding of QF engineering by M and DC. But the justification for this up coming industrial action is to advance the EBA negotiations. Stay focused on the EBA issues- the part time and casual employment clauses that will have a huge impact on the future of employment, the Heavy Maint flexibility clauses, the XPT clause, the quotas, and of course the 3%. But don’t get dragged in to the other emotional issues- these will only cloud the industrial action.

We are our own worst enemies. We must maintain a united front and stay focused on the EBA. Do not be swayed by management spin.