PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 19:35
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For God's sake guys FIGHT SMART. Fight with your head not your heart!
At 100k for 6 months , the strikebreakers will surely come!!
It would be much better for you guys still employed at the Rat if the "strikebreakers" were ex heavy guys sympathetic to the fight and unconcerned about delays.
I don't know what the ALAEA strategy is but you can be sure that QF will come down hard on you otherwise it will open the floodgates company wide. I wouldn't be expecting too much help from the labour federal government either. They'll be looking to flex their muscles and show the public how they can keep the unions under control.
My bet is that after 1 or 2 four hr stop work meetings they'll lock you out and play hard ball. They'll be able to keep the show going to some extent with Jetstar and non union labour. Then they'll ask the new Kevin Rudd to intervene and sort you out.
Personally I don't think that the carrying out the 4 hr stop work meetings and associated disruption will achieve the result.It will only
1) Give QF a reason to lock you out.
2) Alienate the ALAEA from the general public.
3) Give the New labour Government an opportunity to flex their muscles regading the unions.
Hit QF where it hurts.
1) Despatch reliability- Keep doing what your doing (No higher duties, OT etc). There should be an unofficial goal amongst members to drive the despatch reliability down to 50%. That is your new KPI. Lets see how long they can handle that pain for.
2) Forward Bookings - Highly publicise your stop work meetings but cancel them at the last minute. This way you don't get the public too offside, don't give QF a chance to lock you out and don't give the government a chance to intervene on behalf of their mates (you know who that is and its not YOU).
People are going to have to decide if they are really part of the ALAEA. Its the Heroes amongst you that are your worst enemy!! You need to bring them under control or excommunicate them.
Good Luck!!

Last edited by numbskull; 22nd Dec 2007 at 19:54.