PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 14:43
Eight Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even before I joined this Company I have looked at it with reverence. When I first left Philippine shores in the mid eighties, I stayed abroad for more than a month. Since this is my first time away, I really got terribly homesick. I maintained my connection with my country via San Miguel Beer and PLDT. Until one day while traversing the expressway of this foreign land, I saw the tail of a PAL B747. And I thought then "home is just a planeride away".
okay - I see where you're getting at

If PAL should wish to get back to its former noble pioneering place in the airline industry, it should undergo another rehabilitation.
okay - how ? any suggestions and would management listen ? From what I've gathered so far, they seem to not listen to anyone. They love hearing their own voices.

The Filipino planeriding public will always look at PAL as part of its heritage - an institution close to their hearts.
Of course it is, but part of it seems to reflect a dark side especially to the workers. Just my observation from what I've read here and what I hear from employees and pilots.

I too would want PAL to be the best in the world - but as the saying goes
"how can you soar like an eagle if you work with monkeys ? "

Sorry, didn't mean to be nasty.