PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 13:43
parsifal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Separating the individual from the organization

JA,JH,LL,BG, etc are the individuals you love to hate. Maybe they deserve your hatred. But I would like us to spare the company - PAL.

I used to be with the Company until that fateful 1998 debacle.

Even before I joined this Company I have looked at it with reverence. When I first left Philippine shores in the mid eighties, I stayed abroad for more than a month. Since this is my first time away, I really got terribly homesick. I maintained my connection with my country via San Miguel Beer and PLDT. Until one day while traversing the expressway of this foreign land, I saw the tail of a PAL B747. And I thought then "home is just a planeride away". Since then, I have always considered the three: SAN MIGUEL BEER, PLDT, and PAL as Filipino institutions - any Filipino's connection to his beloved country whenever he is in foreign land.

When I became a PAL pilot, whenever I am asked where I worked, I declare with pride and confidence that I am indeed a PAL pilot. And there is no mistaking in the apparent respect that I get from these new acquaintances. I have also sensed that Filipinos are proud of PAL. And so are its employees.

PAL is now rehabilitated financially. If PAL should wish to get back to its former noble pioneering place in the airline industry, it should undergo another rehabilitation. It needs to bring back the smiles and pride in its employees (not just the pilots). The Filipino planeriding public will always look at PAL as part of its heritage - an institution close to their hearts.

The people running or managing this great Company should view the significance of its historical role. It is not just business. It is also national pride.

Merry Christmas sa inyong lahat!

Last edited by parsifal; 23rd Dec 2007 at 01:22. Reason: addl msg