PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 04:40
jetblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Who knows - I am sure they don't. As many as are prepared to make the sacrifices necessary to emmigrate."

Geez what a crock of s@%t. If it is such a sacrifice to move to Australia and take jobs from all the well qualified and experienced Aussie crews - then don't do it. I think what you really want to say is - what a great opportunity to get me and my mates a widebody gig based in the best country in the world. By all means if you are qualified and we are short on crews come on down, just be honest mate.

It would be nice to see all current VB drivers given the first opportunity on the B777. If you dig a little there is a multitude of experience in the VB ranks.

It never ceases to amaze me what management can get away with under the financial guise of "start up operation seeking competitive edge".

How do you engage your workforce, be honest and offer genuine opportunities. The payback for this in the long run is far greater than any short term gains to save a quick buck now. And that is a fact.