PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 01:19
No1inparticular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fed Sec

Fed Sec of ALAEA How do you plan on getting the public on your unions side? As much as yourself and the team may be doing what is best for your members what about the average people of australia? Industrial Action is a good threat to the comapny but as it's been stated there is on 1,700 LAME's which is a massive amount but what about the millions of people throughout Aus and the world for that matter who travel with QF. Obviously you need your members on your side in which you have proven but the general public pose a lot higher threat as they are the ones that put the money into the company i think you could develop this a lot further. If you can scare Qntas with somethng to show that the public are just as worked up about this as your members i think you could this over with a lot quicker. My suggestion information: things such as stats on how much qantas have earnt and how much has gone into engineering (one of teh most important parts of this business).

I know it may be harsh but the public won't give a sh1t about anything if it means tehy may have delayed flights you and your union will need something to let tjhem understand they are a lot quicker to judge the people screwing up their time over the people in the wrong.