PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 22:13
kapalmuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 month notice not in the contract

Tomadatchi bansai: i like to respectfully correct you on the 6 months notice issue on PAL trng contract.
No they are not in the contract with respect to this 747 capt who resigned recently. The 6 month notice was introduced by Koyang the great thru a Notice to pilots (NTP) dated sometime Jan 2006. This 747 Capt signed his trng contract way way back before this NTP. His trng contract I will guess may have provided for 120 days notice if he does not finish the 3 years service.
If say for example said capt trained in 747 capt position earlier than Dec 2004, the 3 years service is complied with. In short he is required by law to give 30 days notice.
Or if he went to trng later then Dec 2004 & thus did not finish the 3 years service, he should be required to give 120 days notice. this is what he did is my guess again.
A contract is suppose to set conditions with mutual agreement from both parties. Did any pilot or this concerned 747 pilot sign this NTP from king Koyang? No!!! It is unilateral & very one sided. But with the PAL mentality of "mgt is always right", all pilots should comply.
To my understanding, NTP's are issued with regards to operational matters but not for employment condition issues. For example, can Koyang issue a NTP saying for example that effective tomorrow pilot salaries will be reduced to half? Of course not!!
Only in the Philippines?