PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 21:01
David Roberts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a difficulty in that I have an intimate knowledge of the procedures and protocols of working groups at a certain tower block in Germany. In particular, the proceedings are not published outside a group until a proposal is published for public consultation. As has been demonstrated in at least one working group in 2007, external pressures on a group can be totally counter-productive and lead to disbandment of activities. Petitioning at this stage falls into this category. This is the way the system works. Abiding by the system and process can be productive, however, even if frustrating at times.
Therefore, all I can say is that I have had a Christmas dream and the story goes like this:
The importance of the Santa being able to fly through clouds to deliver Christmas gifts has been acknowledged by the residents of a castle in Germany, in relation to the skies over a large island. Many in the Community of Santas and their logistics chiefs regard this rating as not satisfactory for wandering around the skies on the mainland, but the great wizard of the Belgrano said ‘fear ye not, for I have seen the great safety benefit of this ability to navigate through clouds and it should be preserved, even where the training may be regarded by some as less than required for driving a large metal sleigh.’ ‘But can you prove its worth?’ asked the big chiefs who control the large metal sleighs in the skies. ‘Not statistically’ says the man from Belgrano, ‘but there are 18,000 Santas who will go on strike at Christmas if they can’t fly through clouds.’ The man in charge of the large metal sleighs was greatly disturbed and one of chiefs who oversees the Santas of large metal sleighs was vehemently opposed to allowing the island’s Santas to fly in clouds.
‘We must do something about this’ says the guardian of the tower. ‘How about using the exemption in Article 10 of the regulation for Santas, to assist those in the island’s skies for the four year transition period’ suggests someone, ‘ whilst the folks in the tower work out a solution to the rather over-burdensome requirements for the rating that these Super Santas have?’ ‘Good idea’ they agree, ‘there are two types of Santa flying in clouds and we need alignment on the mainland for all these people, but it must be possible to allow both to continue flying in clouds not just over the island but on the mainland too.’ ‘This will involve grandfather rights for Santas on the island so they can fly through clouds on the mainland’ they say. ‘Of course’ someone was heard to say.
The discussion amongst all the chiefs and the union representatives of Santas ended on a very positive note with constructive proposals for a way forward. The chief said not to expect all the presents to be delivered this Christmas though as the logistics of the operation will take time.
The dream was a little unclear on some details but I did wake up with a smile on my face, thanks to my colleague’s efforts. Maybe the details will be made available to me soon and I can clarify parts of the dream.
Goodnight!