PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next Years Pay Award
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 12:28
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think we should top whinging and just get on with the job,crikes we work hard and are proud what we do , why should we get more money ?

people that sell the big issue have no problems on there earnings and id rather be tucked up in a nice little line building than an alley way smelling of wee selling a paper thats just complete mince !!!!
Magners,

All I can say is I hope you had a few before you wrote that. How about being stuck in an alleyway in Musa Qala or Sangin smelling of death and no paper? Still think we should just crack on for peanuts?

The raw figures may look ok, but you try finding any civilian or god forbid a civil servant or a politician that would go out and do what we do day in day out for the same money ...... oh funny that, you won't.

But then again, maybe you're part of the non-deployable RAF, in which case perhaps you should crawl back to your nice line building and take your money and decide what to spend it on whilst the rest of military get on with the fighting.

There are precious few benefits left to being in the military, pay is about all we have left. But if you don't realise your own worth, why the hell should the politicians recognise it in the form of a half decent pay rise for once!