PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 12:04
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
again, your ignorance shows through. Why don't you either give up, or at least learn something about those things before you speak up.

hc asked, "what happens if the bits are bigger than 23mm?" and he further opined, "the turbine disc in 3 large chunks which are much, much larger than 23mm. The blades could not take a hit from that."

When you expose all of us to your ignorance it is actually disappointing, because you talk such a good game, some folks might actually begin to believe you know something about designing aircraft. You don't, and you are getting deeper and deeper into your own BS! The struggles ae amusing, however.

The issue with tolerating a flying chunk is the energy of the chunk, not its diameter. As I am quite sure you have heard a few times, that size doesn't matter.

The energy of a 23MM projectile is approximately twice that of the engine disk chunk when it flies from the engine. I know, because I helped issue the report that said so.

While we are on the subject, the airframe must withstand the burst, and the 225 does not. Every engine manufacturer says his engine will not burst. They are born with that phrase on their lips, even if the phrase is in French. They said so before that terrible Super Puma fatal accident, and they (and you) still say so.

Too bad the EC 225 does not meet the latest regulations in so many ways, in spite of your misunderstanding of the laws.