PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 21st Dec 2007, 11:04
The Black Panther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only concern is Qantas is already on a "LAME destroying mission" anyway.

We have basically given them power to stand people down and discuss later, if they have a backup plan to keep the planes flying that is. We need to be very vigilant with the aircraft we service and note all maintenance concerns immediately, source only the approved tooling and use only approved data as we have always done and will continue to do. We know the weaknesses of the system of maintenance and we know the legal methods to ensure the aircraft remain serviceable and safe.

Do not be pressured and contact your union rep when things get uncomfortable. Don't do anything unlawful!

The public will be our friends, tell all your family and friends over the Christmas season about this disgusting Gordon Gecko mentality we have in charge of our iconic Australian carrier. They will remember them as the unbiased management ....... "You have to mental not to accept this offer"

I am sure the first 'off base' stop-work meeting will see a 'lockout' threat emerge. I don't think Dixon will let us have an easy path to 5%. Remember his GOD is money and his disciples are the mega-shareholders. He won't let the motherload out of his office without a fight. As he has stated before employees and customers are not his concern.

It will be a very interesting January and I am sure the war lords are planning strategies as we enjoy the lavishes of the Christmas spread put on by our employer.

The only outcome should we reach the 16th January without a negotiated result is a very long time of bad relationship between LAME's and management that won't heal overnight. In almost all industrial event such as this the employer comes out trumps. Time to unite and be strong lads. Await instructions from central command.