PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 21st Dec 2007, 09:37
loveflying737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gj18457 - I am sure that VAustralia has a Human Resources department that listed the necessary criteria in order of importance. I am also sure that being an Australian Citizen / Resident and holding an Australian licence heads up this list.

This department (in which neither of the SA management pilots is involved) would then surely compile a list of pilots to be interviewed.

Australian citizens / residents holding Australian ATP licences who are B777 rated, or hold other suitable ratings would certainly be what the company would be looking for. If these pilots are happy to come back from the dessert or wherever else they find themselves and are prepared to make the sacrifice of paying the taxes needed to sustain the Australian lifestyle, I have no doubt that they will be given the jobs.

If it is expected that VAustralia should pay a gross salary which will allow them to nett what they currently do it is unlikely that the company will be able to mee these expectations. The company will then be forced to go on down the list.

If employing South Africans is what is necessary to fill the positions, surely this decision will be made by all concerned and not just two individuals.

In closing - both these gentlemen are highly intelligent and I am sure understand the sensitivities involved. It is unlikely that they would put themselves into a position where they could be accused of nepotism.

I believe that you can rest assured that they want what is best for the company - not their colleagues that are planning to move to Australia.