PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 21st Dec 2007, 07:06
section 41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your words of support sickofQF,

However I disagree on the stop work weapon being less effective, while it may not be popular with the travelling public serious flight disruption via country wide stop work meetings will bring things to a head very quickly. The other methods you have suggested will indeed have an impact but it will take time. We need to show the company NOW that we are prepared to lose 4 hrs pay, that we are prepared to bring the network to a standstill, that we will stand together. The other methods suggested will risk petering out as time goes by and in a war of attrition the company will win. So I say tighten your belts and as you say be prepared to lose money.
As for 100% supervision of AME's this is just going to make the LAME's life harder, it will cause frustration among the AME's who's support we need people will get sick of working that way very quickly and things will return to status Quo very quickly.

O/T bans will be difficult in Heavy to implement subversively as you suggest "too tired, looking after kids" etc. within a heavy environment as most O/T is pre-arranged before rather than the phone call the folks on Line tend to get on their days off.

My last point will be to refer to your assertion that 457 visa workers are scabs. At Avalon where I work there are a number of workers under these conditions being treated very poorly by their employer forshaft, to a man all of these people are honest and hard working, if there are plans to bring in "strike breakers" under these visas then by all means label them as what they are SCABS but not the ones already here trying to make a better life for themselves that we hope to support us.