PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 21st Dec 2007, 06:00
sickofqf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Section 41, well said and I not only respect your right to vote any way you choose but I have even greater respect for your willingness to stand with the majority, even though they represent a view you didn't agree with.
It is people like yourself who help make the Union movement a fair and representative body.
The most important thing now is to stand united and don't let ANYTHING make you walk out the gate or stop work.
Stop work meetings are far from the most effective method of disruption.
Doing our job to the best of our ability is the most effective tool in any dispute.
Confused?
Simple, to use a quote, from a man now a BM supervisor, during a dispute many years ago;
"get in that cargo hold and don't come out until you have at least 6 pages of DR&R's filled in"
and that was when it was 4 to a page !!
Oh, and 100% supervision of unlicensed workers ( ie, AME's from other sections or VISA 457 scabs) is another good tool!
As for if you are asked to be a L/H ( ie, higher duties) "sorry, I am feeling slightly fatigued and do not feel comfortable or capable to execute the job safely and efficiently"
ie, never say the word NO. Then they'll have a harder time in the commision when they dock the 4 hours.
As for overtime.....just don't answer the phone, or if they corner you at work...."I'd really love to help but I'm minding the kids" or even "love to but I'm feeling far too tired and it would be very unsafe"
Again, don't say "NO"
Finally, be prepared to lose money, feel stressed and be prepared to be bullied. If you are bullied, write it down, contact the union, it's illegal.
It is not going to be easy but we need to do this if we are to have ANY future in this industry.
Fight the good fight fellow LAME's.
PS. to SP, WV, MW etc, make every punch count, we're depending on you. You've done us proud so far.
( have the AME union been approached to advise their members against doing extra overtime to help DC et al ?)

PPS. Why the heck do the spaces between the paragraphs kep dissapearing ???

Last edited by sickofqf; 21st Dec 2007 at 06:07. Reason: usual bad spelling !!