PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 21st Dec 2007, 05:20
section 41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Time To Stand Up And Be Counted

As one of the 157 who voted NO to the vote. I have now seen clearly the feeling of my fellow members. Make no mistake anyone who has never been in this position before things are going to get nasty. Despite the way in which I excercsed my vote (to which I am entitled as pointed out previously on this site) I now stand fully behind the membership in the upcoming action.

I do believe that the company wants this fight and we will probably lose more than we win but with the MAS announcement I believe the writing is on the wall anyway.

To the memebers of the exectuitive who I know read these posts I say make every bullet count. If we are to have stop work meetings and loose 4 hours pay make sure the meetings are held at the most effective times such as start of dayshift for line maint and end of business day.
For the chaps at Avalon Heavy I suggest when the flight crew arrive to pick up an aircraft especially SA check A/C a four hour delay will cause considerable disruption.

I am sure others can come up with some more novel ideas.

O/T bans will not have the same immediate effect as the above action and I suspect that the first place where the membeship will break ranks will be some of the secondees (hope I am wrong).

My advice would not be for an escalating campaign but rather all out warfare.

If any of you know a "warfie" or a coal miner from the UK go have a chat with them or indeed a pilot who was involved in the domestic pilots dispute.

QF management "War is coming reap the whirlwind"

ALAEA members STAND TOGETHER or LOSE EVERYTHING