PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 05:05
kapalmuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard of this 747 Capt who resigned recently. this is a very young line instructor capt: very promising. but PAL broke all its promise & no future in staying there. i would say 85% of pal pilots do not see themselves staying for long or retiring with PAL. only those who cannot make it outside will stay.
if i were this 747 capt, i will forget about talking with pal in a civilized way. how can Koyang put out a NTP (notice to pilots) demanding 6 months notice for all pilots when these pilots signed training contracts of 3 years service & 120 days notice if they do not finish the contract? I'm sure this capt has finished his 3 years service on that position & now pal is demanding 6 months!!!! Pure insanity!!!
a 737 capt who went to vietnam sent his lawyer to pal flt ops when he was summoned. his lawyer & the PAL lawyer (who happen to be friends in the law school) agreed that this NTP of Koyang the Great is non-binding. pal legal dept is saying that flt ops always goes to them for help to straighten out onerous policies that flt ops put out so as to be in good graces with their god Lucio. This is according to my sources in makati. again when the 737 pilot came out to check his resignation status with HRD, he learned that he was summarily terminated even when his lawyer was waiting for further summons as agreed upon during the 1st meeting. another only in the Philippines?! Unbelievable... PAL.