PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One pilot union......a step closer
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 23:18
excellr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genex

"As for taking the time to create a new profile....well it was either that or start playing with razor blades as I contemplate the job losses ahead for Australia pilots if AIPA gets to destroy Jetstar".

Why would AIPA want that, I am fairly junior and as a member of AIPA I would be horrified if AIPA's intention was to do so. Many a junior member would look at early upgrades in Jetstar if that was available as I would hope if Jetstar guys wanted a change to come across to Mainline. At the end of the day it's not too unrealistic to see the two much closer together. This is why having a win to legally represent the whole group is so critical. Everyone that says well they did this back then and that's why i wouldn't trust him or her is just living in the dark ages, sure history has a way of repeating itself but at present we all have a unique opportunity to make some real improvements due to the skills demand. Some vision and leadership is now critical to get the improvements that the whole group needs to restore confidence in the career's of all Qf group pilots and I would hope that the first step to getting those results comes from new members appreciating the need for a collective voice and AIPA having a flatter representitive structure to enable a better cross-section for policy making. It's gotta start somewhere otherwise it will be holding patterns till the fuel runs out.