PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 14:21
back2front

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've flown with a lot of crew recently who didn't receive their ballot paper. Disappointing they didn't bother to call the union and ask for one to be sent out though.

Also, a lot of crew were concerned that the ballot papers had serial numbers written on them. Many crew commented they were worried that this could lead to their ballot paper being traced back to them.

Good result though. We now need to get onto the union and tell them what we want.

*increase in basic
*increase in trip pay £18 per sector is a joke (to be in line with other airlines)
*long range allowance - similiar to BA box payments for long flights
*stand down time after trips the same as BA (would also help with high hours problem)
*no extra standby
*General problems such as waiting 45 mins in cold stairs of airbridge for bus back to LHR check in area. Allowances reduced as an when the company wants. Waiting for hotel rooms for 3hr in some cases.
*Some system of bidding for LHR or LGW trips would be nice
*Part time available for everyone. I'm sure its discrimination to only offer P/T to females with kids. What about guys? or females or aren't able to have children?
*Abiding by European law of a 20min rest break after 6hrs duty (this would be from check in time). If we don't get crew rest then after 6hrs we are legally entitled to a 20min break away from customers. I've worked for other airlines that abided by this law and its easy to do. You just have to modify the service sometimes.

If I was taking home £1200 into my bank account each month I would be happy, allowances on top. The current situation of less than £900 basic is not substainable.

Last edited by back2front; 20th Dec 2007 at 14:32.