PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Family helicopter.
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 08:37
Rotormotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Docstone: Post edited to include forgotten smiley! Didn't intend to impugn Bell!

Rotors88: Another vote for the 407 and the Longranger! There's been strong support for both camps, Eurocopter and Bell, and strong, well-reasoned arguments for the As350 of all variants, and the B206 in normal and Longranger forms. But for me the overriding feeling has been the sheer affection which pilots hold for the Bell 407.

I've also come across similar affection on the military forums, where pilots express their confidence and enjoyment in flying the Oh-58D Kiowa Warrior version. I suppose you can't say better than that really?

So, apologies to all those that supported the As350, now it comes down to looking at just the 407 and the Longranger; though I am leaning towards the 407 right now. I know you said this in the first place Docstone, I just had to work through it all!

I have been looking through various heli-sales websites, mainly the AV one, and I have noticed a number of both the above variants for sale on the 'N' registrations. Can anyone explain to me the implications of 'importing' one? If I buy one (from Ireland say) can it stay 'N' registered in the UK, or do I have to change it to 'G'? Does this lead to problems with different equipment not being 'G' certified and such?

Thanks again for all your replies and the time taken doing so, much appreciated.

Even though I haven't advanced much in real experience yet, I feel as though I have a much better understanding of what I am getting into, and the implications of said in both money and mechanical terms. Much more so than I had just a week ago, and it's all down to the good folk of Rotorheads!

Thanks again, all replies and Pm's have been much appreciated!

Rotormotor.