PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Navigators
Thread: Navigators
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2001, 22:36
Who's Ya Daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Carl,

All the above stands for the good and the bad. I have experience of both non-FJ disciplines. Rotary you get a chance to poll. Top fun it is too and the crew element (pilot, nav, loadie) is awesome and the flying, well, 50ft rocks. On the other side of things, I agree truckie navving per se is not exactly stimulating A to B, however Fat Albert in Swindonia does tactical flying too. Okay, maybe its twice as slow as FJs, but its still mixing it low level in big numbers. Again, loadsa fun. Low level is the key. If you want job satisfaction, I can think of no better. Mates off my nav course who went FJ are loving it. others went to the nimrod and after initial reservations, also love it. Those on rotary, they love it. Its camourarderie like you will have never expereiced - friends for life, beers inthe bar and all that. There is no comparison. Those who say its a naff job, well, just point out a Flt Lt navigator on flyiing pay gets the same money as a Flt Lt pilot with FP (time in the same of course). As for the captaincy tick for pilots, they get that extra pay don't they....sorry my mistake.
Carl, the military is shrinking and as a result everybody knows everybody. Its an excellent job/career/way of life but there is also a lot of bull - its the military. Good luck and enjoy.