PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Navigators
Thread: Navigators
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2001, 18:44
Carl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I'm all up for the batter, but from what I've seen above you people sitting up front don't seem to like the guys and girls sitting behind you!

I did want to sit at the front, but for medical problems I couldn't sit in that seat so looked at the next best thing I could think of.

I've been through the selection. Got the Flying Scholarship, Gliding Scholarship passed the aptitude for pilot. But failed the medical.

I've wanted to do the pilot thing since I can remember! Only I'm realistic and know that its never going to happen.

I've even contacted other air forces but with no luck.

I want to become a nav as from the outside world I see it better than sitting in an office typing at a computer.

But I don't want to feel embarrassed by my occupation! From what I've seen above Navs are the laughing stock of the RAF. Why I don't know!!

I still would really like to do the job, and probably will after finishing uni if everything goes ok at OASC.

Thanks for the advice all

P.s. I've had to write this reply very quickly and haven't had time to read it properly so sorry if there are any mistakes!