PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 19th Dec 2007, 07:18
fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My view, as VOz HR apparently stated, short listing. Most of the requirements are desireable, and I'm sure some flex either way will be exercised. Perhaps not so much 'how low can we go with pay ', but 'this is the pay, are you still interested'.

I'm sure they will get enough suitable candidates happy with the COS. Some negotiation with C & T targeted candidates perhaps, but the rest will 'fall' into place for them without to much doubt.

The upshot is, as is a common message from Virgin applicants, the interview is a final check, they interview pretty much the same numbar as they need. Saves a lot of people's time (and money) being wasted, including their own (which isn't an unrealistic approach I don't think).

If you are keen on the job, and are competitive enough against the other applicants, it should all fall into place.

Just my opinion, but none of us are 'owed' anything. 80K base for an Aus based S/O, 110K for F/O for year 1 competes with CX and QF, who knows what increments, bonus, basings (brissy maybe), progression timeframe or profit share will exist with VOz down the track.......and no pressure to move overseas....not too below par.