PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 19th Dec 2007, 06:10
fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has become quite lengthy, but has migrated from being an informative, factual message board to a degenerated sounding board for personal frustration and dissapointment.

VOz is a new company, who's full potential (and acceptance by the commuter) is not yet known - to anyone, including themselves. It does, however, offer some valid opportunities for a great number of pilots. If the conditions don't meet your expectations, aren't as good as your current COS, or aren't 'on par' with other companies, then simply don't apply. Who is forcing you. You are no worse off than 6 months ago when VOz didn't exist.

I recall a lot of angst wrt T & Cs when VB commenced operations, yet it proved to be a very good company to work for for many people I know in the industry. I have no doubt VOz will be the same.

It has been said many times, including within this thread, many things make up a 'good' job, and job satisfaction. Let's keep things real, many people out there are actually doing it tough...

Anyone looking towards VOz who is wrapped up in SYD-LAX, doesn't seem to be being very objective, more routes will surely follow.

The pay isn't drastically different to QF, and opportunities in a vibrant, up and coming airline may definately exist. Take it for what it is, things will only improve in the company I'm sure. If it isn't for you, fine. Any chance we can keep this thread a productive one?