PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 19th Dec 2007, 05:15
lil_blueberry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems pretty strange

I had the call yesterday and would say that it was pretty vague other than a guesstimate of wages on there part with nothing concrete for them to say........ I couldn't even be bothered asking any decent questions cause i knew the answer....."Oh i couldn't tell you that cause they haven't worked it out yet"
.... I assume that paying/bonding for the type rating will further reduce the pay.
Cruise F/O = $75,000 before allowances and that included super! ..... barely acceptable (especially living in Sydney) sitting on a plane doing 16hrs of not much....... with allowances probably take 90k Max
I tell you what.... I am gonna stick it with Qantaslink and here's my reasons:
* Not as boring sorties.
* Home for the partner and kids most nights.....
* with some over time and after allowances you take about 60 - 65K pa....... (only about 20k max difference for the boring as pacific/oceanic flying, with allowances)
* Better roster ........
* Possible chance of movement onto other Qantas group of companies.........More progression in Q.Link even though it ain't a jet.
If your gonna call around to find People of the industry just walk into the newly graduated CPL holders class and take them, whats with the see what people will take survey, surely something fishy?

Last edited by lil_blueberry; 19th Dec 2007 at 06:55.