PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2007, 19:14
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for discussing the pilots review that is due, I would imagine your organised union has already engaged the company in what it is seeking on your behalf's. I also expect Balpa reps have communicated this to you - as has been said you have an efficient union which seeks your input at all stages such that it will move forward representing your collective views and aims.

However, I would also imagine any such early communications or proposals of what the pilots will be seeing would have drawn reference to the current crew negotiations with perhaps an advisory message that in the pilots best interests it would not be prudent or constructive to discuss your aims for the upcoming negotiations in order to prevent fanning any flames with our current situation.

Of course that could all be rubbish, but it is what I would advise my workforce if I was about to start negotiations whilst another department was tittering on the brink of industrial action. Hence I imagine no information about what the pilots are/were seeking will be forthcoming.

Of course the company respects the pilot workforce and will have budgeted accordingly as I expect they have some idea what the minimum is they will accept.

Lets not do the pilots and cabin crew thing, everyone has a different situation and I wish you well in your negotiations.

Last edited by scoobydooo; 18th Dec 2007 at 19:25.