PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2007, 18:43
LeadingEdge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but look at the good stuff, a "free" phone, pc, uniform
The phone is a good one. I just got charged 23000 czechoslovak crowns, they just gave me the paycheck minus the phone usage. Without any explanation, and, because the company is being run very efficient, it took me one hour to locate a person (out of almost 6000) who is responsible for this mess. His explanation of why they charged me this was useless, as always.
OK fine, so I got ripped off here. Letīs see. Oh, parking fees. That is a great one. If you want parking, then they say that it is not guaranteed, but still charge you a monthly "pausalek", which is being deducted from your paycheck, regardless if there are any parking spaces or not, and one has to put the car on the curb at some really ridiculous place (and the police late arrives, as per request of our fine management, and starts to issue fines).

There are other things, like Bratko already mentioned, such as the fine Polyester suit, also called "Uniform". This fine piece of garment gives me shivers. Savile Row suits look like cheap in comparison what they gave us. It is, of course, manufactured in Czechoslovakia, made by a very "famous" company here. Mind you, the buttons come off the second day, and the "trousers" are sewed together in such an incredible way you wouldnīt believe it.

Bratko indicated it already - he might come back. Personally, I am right now thinking of calling this fine company where I passed the selection process and tell them to stick everything up their @rse, as I might be staying with "The worldīs most communist airline".

Anyhow, AP, you have been warned. Further, I canīt understand, with you having an EU passport why you donīt apply to one of the other "few" airlines out here in Europe. Donīt think that the entry tests are easy here, or that you even might get a waiver for being a foreigner. There have been just a few guys who didnīt pass the exams and are not being taken on board the (sinking) ship.

But, even if you elect to "come and see", remember to read lots of Franz Kafka - and keep in mind that there is always waiting and seeing.

LE