PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Pilot to Civilian Flying?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2007, 07:47
mustflywillfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning folks,

Blackbear, as A and C says join the RAF BENSON club! It is cheap flying and you will find like minded people. I too am serving military (RN) and an ex-wobbly wing driver (although I haven't bagged half as many as hours as you). The transition to becoming a civillian is bound to be quite rocky but as for translating your military soft skills into an airline - no problem.

The only downside is the potential crumbling of the world economy over the next two years. I have made my choice and am sticking with it but I must admit to becoming rather worried over the last few days and have had a few sleepless nights wondering If I am doing the right thing.

Just a thought-would you not be better sticking to rotary and working in SAR, Police, Air Ambulance et al? I also think a killing could be made during the 2012 Olympics if you are a rotary pilot. It was easy for me as I have more fixed hours then I do rotary. If it were the other way round I would have stayed rotary.

For more information try the CAA website and search for LASORS 2007. It contains all the information about requirements and what you can claim from being a QSP (Qualified Service Pilot).

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

MFWF