PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Records
Thread: Student Records
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2007, 14:40
digital.poet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and gents,

Just reading this thread, I am interested to know if any of you instructor types have ever actually gotten to the point where you have advised a student that they should give up learning to fly.

I am still a PPL student, but I have taught people in other disciplines (software development specifically) and I have, once or twice, come across student who (to steal from Rowan Atkinson) "wouldn't get it, if it came in a large bag marked 'IT'". They are not stupid, but software requires a certain style of thought that does not come easily to most people and does not come at all to some. I would imagine that flying is the same.

As for me, my notes, and my instructor. I have noticed that he keeps detailed notes on my progress which are updated after each lesson. He has made it very clear that I am free to read them at any time, and usually goes through them with me if there are any negative points.

llanfairpg, I couldn't help but laugh at Fred's story there. I guess I shouldn't but what an extraordinary situation. To be 'that' far out of control to 'find yourself' at 12'000 feet. My god!