PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 16th Dec 2007, 04:51
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Army Of 1

Have heard the gist of big Kevs meeting with the troops in SYD ACS
Lots of fire brimstone, and look out if we vote yes to industrial action. This best is described as desperate stuff from the 3rd floor
I have never heard this type of talk from this manager. Many of us have worked with and around him (pardon the pun) for years and know how he communicates.
Panic is a word that immediately springs to mind !

Without drawing to much of a long bow, I would think it is safe to assume the 3rd floor have been threatened with loss of bonus or jobs if this industrial action is not quashed. I would think any manager in ACS would have a very real worry of being made example of by MH or DC and I am sure the MH and DC have also been spoken to as well by PG, JB JD etc with same sword above their heads.

The only manager in ACS who will see any consolation in the LAMEs taking action is the buffoon who runs PERTH. At least he won't be the only manager in the network to have failed to do what he claimed, and his favourite tool was bullying and threats. And we know how that turned out.
A win for the good guys.
I will stick to what I think is right, I am not happy with 3% lets see more, the other 2 nasty clauses in EBA document about conflict resolution (XPT) and reclassification of LAMEs to AMEs.
I will not vote YES to the EBA until these are resolved.
Until then I am an army of 1.
Protected industrial action or not, there is much under MH rule book that slows the process down.
Many of you cleaver guys are very creative. I am sure with the maintenance manual and the policy manual on your side there is much we can do.

Intereting times ahead

To Quote — Gordon Bethune, CEO Continental Airlines, quoted in 'Throwing the Elephant: Zen and the Art of Managing Up,' 2002

Do you know how much faster I can fix an airplane when I want to fix it than when I don't want to fix it?

Last edited by Bolty McBolt; 17th Dec 2007 at 05:17.