PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - no jump seat rides???
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2007, 09:26
undersiege

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Locked door until tea/coffee/newspaper

Here is a post by someone called deplanedeplane. I do agree with Old King Cole, I sure you are a merry old sole. Lets include exgirlfriends, still to quick my my feet to get caught with the ring (handcuffs) put on my finger. But what an absolute loony tune, walking talking advertisement for Prozac.
I am sure planes can be adjusted to deplanes idea if airlines really wanted to give the pax the warm and fuzzys about security in place.
To Ray Cosmic
Quote:
Yeah, Right!
Tell that to the Fedex crew that got hammered, literally, by the jumpseater, who was also a fellow pilot and company employee. They survived, but if my memory is correct, none of that 3 man crew regained their medicals due to the injuries they received!
That is a good point there. But does it need to be the fellow pilot & company employee that does the hammering????? How about any one of the operating crew in flight that do have access to the flightdeck at anytime throughout the entire flight.
To Quote Main_Dog
Quote:
There's not much you can do to protect against the odd crazy or grudge-bearer who has made it through all our selection processes and screens.
Now before you all start bashing me with angry replies, I feel my comments here are warrented. If you want the boys and I should include girls these days up front to be safe. How about locking them in just before the last door to the a/c closes and it remains closed/locked until security at the other end enters the code and lets them out.
I am sure the flight deck can be extended back a little bit to include a bathroom and contain a small chiller that has drinks and food.
You can not get more secure than that. Until that happens all the rules about jump seats and the flight deck are all just BULLSH#T.
My two cents (worth less than crap now because of the falling USD)
DeplaneDeplane.