PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Family helicopter.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2007, 09:01
Rotormotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, a great set of replies guys (and gals -apols to the Whirling ones!), I'm humbled and also gaining in knowledge by the day

Backward Blade: Great post Sir! And great info. There are a lot of other factors other than the basic buy-in price, as you have pointed out, and a fool and his/her money are easily parted at any price point, especially in aviation. Which is why I asked Pprune for its wisdom.
Thanks for the 120 gen, I need to hear it because I keep going gooey around them. I have to say that although Eurocopter seem to be more modern than Bell, I am favouring the latter at the moment. I am formulating what I think is a good idea, which I will share soon, and it does favour Bell, L4, or 206B.
Thanks for the piloting offer, maybe when I'm about to buy Eurocopter! LOL.

Albatross: (can't get John Cleese out of my head now "Allll-ba-trosss!") It will be self-flown though 'over-the-water' not really an issue, as yet. S-92, yeah right, I'll get one for ferrying me to the Falcon 9 series.....As if..
As to flights; so far I have paxed in a B206, an EC120, and an As350. To be honest I liked them all, and wasn't aware of the 206 feeling 'old'. But the 350 felt considerably quicker and fair belted up into the blue. As said the 120 was the quietest, but I loved the Jetbox 'wocky-wocky' sound. I have spoken to all the respective sales reps, and I have to say the best case was made by the Bell rep for a new 206!

206Jock: I haven't dismissed it, and I think you have my mission profile bang on. Yes I have to have the capability of taking the tribe, but I reckon it will be mostly me, or me and a chum. Which leads me to the most pertinent question to move me on in my quest: Could the 206 take five of us? And how far?

Thanks again to all for taking the time to answer, much appreciated.

Rotormotor.