PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2007, 23:37
Magnersdrinker

If you were a captain of an aircraft, after a terrible accident and seen freinds and comrades that aint with you anymore, what would you do as a captain with the right to say no or yes we fly.He is given all the information thats available from both ground and air and in this instance from people further up the chain that kind of knew what had happened. Its a big call but as a captain of an aircraft im sure he/she has taken all things into consideration and opted to take the aircraft. People that here not in military this is not a sweet comfy chair we all live in sometimes people make a call cause lives depend on it. Its what you do in the military and im sure if the Captains of each flight after 30 did not want to take the jet then they have that option of saying no as a collective.

On the flip side I have seen 2 pilots say no and stick up for there rights, they have effectively lost there career.fear to talk is a bad thing when you have the prospect of loosing what may be an important promotion. I guess thats what makes a good pilot , that i will never know