PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go around at LHR
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2007, 19:26
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
if no one minds prompts me to aska couple of questions

1 Iwas at twickenham for the Barbarians-S Africa game on Dec 1 and during second half a 777 hurtles over the stadium heading SW-I thought it was a 09 departure but leaving the ground 15 mins later and all during the game LHR appeared to be on westerlies. I assume this was a sort of broken off approach rather thana go around but hadnt seen it before in spite of spending alot of time in that area

A week before in Staines another 777 appears to pass over the Shortwood comon area again heading SW- they are on westerlies that day as virtually everything is visible from Staines

Again it seemed a very early break off from the runway heading. I have seen lots of go arounds from Heathrow, been on board twice too, and they always seem to maintain RW heading failry well past the airport boundary before turning left and then left again for Epsom/Ockham

Knowing just how tightly you folks pack them in on the approach Iwondered if it was now normal to get a/c going around out of the 'stream' as quickly as possible
Thanks
PB