PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nakheel Aviation - Dubai
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2007, 12:00
springbokflyer145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dreaded Nakheel Aviation

I am not sure of this but I think the Chief Pilot of this company used to be with Airlink in South Africa.

If it is the same person, then I personally do have to say I feel sorry for this company.
He is a company man and never used to really take care or worry about the crew. Not a chief pilot's butt to be honest. He only wanted to get the job done, no matter what. Safe or unsafe, cut corners etc that was not a problem. He always wanted to look good to management but one day when there is an accident, lets see how good he looks then.

If I had the choice of working under this person in sunny Dubai or having to take the miserable weather at LHR, then I would be packing for LHR.

Maybe these guys should play by the book to keep their planes and crew safe. There is no place for short cuts buddy. It will come back and bite you in the ass!

As for M-E Flyers comments, I know a few pilots in Dubai, and if ME Flyers is like them, then the reason why he keeps going on about how great the lifestyle etc is, possibly like a previous reply, its because he has no other choice. It's where he came from or Dubai. So he would have to look at the bright side. Anywhere could be better than from his previous place of residence.

Please lets make this clear, this is personal choice made from experience and facts about certain people. I cannot see this company getting any better with him around. (if its the same person)

It just makes you realise how small this industry actually is.

SBF

Last edited by springbokflyer145; 14th Dec 2007 at 06:54.